Farewell to My "Bella" Horse Friend, "Ace", Death of My Horse

In Loving Memory of My Beautiful Thoroughbred “Ace” (1985 – 2009)

“Nothing is more sacred as the bond between horse and rider… No other creature can ever become so emotionally close to a human as a horse. When a horse dies, the memory lives on because an enormous part of his owner’s heart, soul, very existence dies also… but that can never be laid to rest, it is not meant to be…”
~ Stephanie M. Thorn
When you look beyond the fenceline and see that I’m not there,
Please remember that I’ll never forget how much you really cared.
I appreciate all the love you put into my soul,
Often making me feel as though I was, once again, a newborn foal.
When you look beyond the fenceline and see an empty space
I’m hoping for thoughts of joy to replaces those tears on your face.
Although our time together was taken away too soon,
I’ll always be watching over you through the sun, stars, and moon.
When you look beyond the fenceline you should not feel all alone.
For a part of you came with me the day I went to God’s home.
And although I didn’t want to, so soon, to be put to rest
I assure you, dear friend, that my spirit and soul still feel the very best.
When you look beyond the fenceline and think of me for awhile.
Remember all the fun we shared and those times I made you smile.
Remember how we’d run the fields, but never run away
I’ll never forget your gentle touch on my coat of bay.
So, when you look beyond the fenceline don’t think we’re far apart
For every time you think of me, I’m right there in your heart.
~ author unknown
Buona Notte, my dear friend. You blessed my life with your gentleness, grace, majesty and beauty. I pray that I see you again in heaven.
Amore, amore, amore,
~ bella
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I apologize for asking you to verify yourself with "Captcha", but SPAM has gotten out of control.

I WILL reply both on your blog and here! After all, that's what good friends do!

Comments

Esther,

Oh thank you so much for having done that. I wasn’t aware of the Prayers for Pets blog; I think, from reading it, that it is one of yours. What a beautiful tribute to animal companions and the people who love them. I will return to it over and over during this time. It is very, very consoling. By praying for others, I know that healing takes place faster.

Love and hugs back to you, and a big Mahalo! Roz

Sally, Life is truly beautiful, but includes low points as well as high. I am just so grateful for the absolutely unconditional love that I received from this gentle giant. I forgot all of my problems every moment I spent with him. Horse owners everywhere experience this miracle. There’s nothing like it.

Once again, thank you for the time you took just to drop me a kind sentiment. May blessings return to you!

Roz

Maryanne, Thankyou so much; yes, I cry each time I read the poem too, because it is so very true. Today is a better day for me though. It’s my new blog friends that I’m utterly amazed about though, who have taken the time to write or post to me. I am grateful for you.

Love, Roz

Adrienne,

Grazie mille for your prayers!!! I, too, pray for our beloved animal companion friends to see us again some day. I hope that good things are returned to you for your simple act of kindness towards me.

Blessings, Roz

Dear Linda Lou,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment to me. I’m sorry that I haven’t responded back to you earlier, but I guess I’m sort of in a little denial now and avoidance. I’m getting better each day. My problem is that all my pets, whether large or small, are part of my family and we care for them that way. I have a tender spot in my heart for all animals.

Thank you again so much. I hope that you are having a beautiful day in your part of the world.

Roz

I just stumbled across this posting. This really made me choke up with emotion. I lost my Mizte when she was 32 years old. She taught me how to ride. I still have her bridle and halter, with some of her hair stuck in it. I won’t part with it, though it’s been 13 years.
    We never forget them. Love this prayer…so sweet.