Fresh peaches . . . we anticipate their summer arrival all year!
- For the peaches
- 6 cups sliced and peeled fresh peaches (not 4 cups as in the original recipe)
- 1/2 cup sugar for the peaches
- 1/3 tsp almond extract
- For the cobbler
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk (or you can also use fat-free milk combined with cream)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, gently toss the peaches with 1 cup of sugar and the almond extract. Set aside.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and milk. Mix well.
- Pour this batter evenly over the butter -- DO NOT STIR.
- Top with the peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.