Fresh peaches . . . we anticipate their summer arrival all year!
- For the peaches, you need:
- 6 cups sliced and peeled fresh peaches (not 4 cups as in the original recipe)
- ½ cup sugar for the peaches
- ⅓ tsp almond extract
- For the cobbler, you need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup whole milk (or you can also use fat-free milk combined with cream)
- and lastly, you need
- ½ cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, gently toss the peaches with 1 cup of sugar and the almond extract. Set aside.
- Pour the ½ cup of melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and milk. Mix well.
- Pour this batter evenly over the butter -- DO NOT STIR.
- Top with the peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.