So simple and yet so good!
And GREAT for all of us busy peeps who need fast and easy desserts to please!
Have a relaxed, restorative, rejuvenating Labor Day holiday!
What You Need:
- 1 to 2 fresh sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup of sugar (for peaches)
- 8 - 12 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cups sugar (for raspberries) or more if preferred
- 1/2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- Garnish: Italian Pizelles or Biscotti
- In a medium bowl, combine the sliced peaches with the sugar and set aside.
- A nice juice will form.
- With a large mesh sieve set over another medium bowl, gently press the raspberries against the sieve with a large spoon so that everything presses through except the seeds.
- Throw the seeds away.
- With the pulp and juice of the raspberries, add the lemon juice, sugar and raspberry liqueur.
- Blend well.
- In individual serving bowls, place several scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
- Stir the peaches again and then ladle them over the ice cream.
- Spoon the raspberry puree all over the peaches and ice cream.
- Garnish with a Pizelle or Biscott cookie!.