Quilts Made With Love

I’ve finally found some glimmers of moments to finish some quilting projects that have been screaming at me to finish. I started them some time ago and just continued to get side-swiped by life that always puts these things on hold and takes me away to other priorities. Here’s one of my favorite autumn quilts that I made and wanted to show you. Does anyone quilt or sew besides me? It seems that quilting has become more popular, but sewing in general hasn’t. We’re all just so ridiculously busy. But for some odd reason, sewing relaxes me. Listening to my old sewing machine hum along or simply hand stitching peacefully with a cup of warm tea is so calming!

I made the next quilt for my daughter, Lauren, when she graduated from college. I used her school colors of garnet and black blended with white and cream. I can’t remember the name of the block pattern, something like “woman’s work”. I’m working on my son’s quilt now, who graduated from the same university, and am using the same colors with a different block pattern.

Comments

Hi, Roz !

I loved your quilts ! We can see clearly that you sewed them with love :)

Congrats for your award !!!

It would be so interesting if you post some pictures of your family at the time they arrived in America :) Here, in Brazil, there are so many Italians whose families arrived during the first war and today we have a huge influence on food, culture, language … GRAZIE ITALIA !!!

xoxoxo

What gorgeous quilts! I wish I could quilt, I love the picture you paint of sewing quietly with a cup of tea by your side.
    So nice to read more about you, and thank you so much for thinking of me! You are very kind.

Oh yeah James Taylor, I remember when. Roz you are the best, and deserved this award! Your quits are simply beautiful. I love to sew but have never quilted. Yes, life has moved me very far away from sewing and I do really regret that. But hey, there is always someday right. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Your quilts are beautiful! I used to love sewing but haven’t sewn a thing in years, and have never tried my hand at quilting at all. I would love to make something like this for my bed on those rare cold nights.

I wake up this morning to start my week and I start off so well with your award! THank you.It is going to take me a few days to publish it in a post as I have a busy week and have things “in store”, but I will definetly play the game! THank you!

Such nice quilts, just right for a creative award. You just HAVE to go to Italy. You love it too much to miss out on such a beautiful country.

Congratulations, you have another award waiting for you on my blog! :-)

7. Anonymous says

It was certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Beautiful, beautiful quilts Roz. You are a very talented lady. I haven’t sewn much for a long time. But I used to sew and applique the kids clothes, plus I am more into knitting.
    You certainly deserve this award in appreciation of your wonderful talent.

Bella, My postabout your award is up, thank you. I have not nominated bloggers in this post but will leave comments in their blogs.
    And I read again today that your family has been in the States for 100 years .. how beautiful that you still feel you have Italian roots – and write about Italian food in your blog!

Congrats on the reward! Your quilts are bearutiful! Thanks for linking up with Make It Fantabulous Friday!
    Joy