New York . . . New York!

A beautiful gift from France, our Lady of Liberty in NYC
Every March is conference season in my line of work and this month is no exception. It is time for me to change roles and switch from professor to student and learn more about how to improve on what I do in my chosen vocation of teaching.
Now usually in March I attend meetings in the warmer Southern U.S. states (you know . . . places like Hilton Head, SC, Destin, FL, or Savannah, GA), but this time I’ve chosen to, yes, go NORTH instead! I’ll be peeling the Big Apple for the next few days of Spring Break. If I stayed home for break, I’d just spend the whole week catching up on cleaning the house! :-( So this is a MUCH better destination!

W.D. is going to tag along with me, so that we can spend evenings dining in oh-so-much-nicer eateries than we have here in our little village of a town nearby the acreage. We’ve already done our research and decided on a scrumptiously delicious Italian restaurant in the financial district near Wall Street. During the day we plan on going to some great deli’s for huge submarine sandwiches, sky high NY cheesecake, and, of course, some genuine, authentic NY bagels! We’ve also got some great pizzarias on our list of go-to’s! Mmmm, I’m hungry already! I’ll give you the full scoop on how each of these experiences are when I return, cuz this week I’m trading in my kitchen apron for a seat at several tables in New York City! I know that I’ll come home with more culinary inspiration to use in my own kitchen to share with you.

I am SO excited about this trip since I have not been back to New York City since just before 9/11 and the tragedy against our beautiful nation.
I’ll be checking in my blog for your comments, because if you happen to have ANY recommendations for foodie hot spots, please let me know. I’ll do my best to squeeze my friends’ suggestions in.
So ciao for now my good friends, I’m off to do some BIG apple peeling!
The infamous Times Square where my hotel window will be looking right out on.

Comments

My husband and I love the movie Serendipity and would love to go to that estaurant for frozen hot chocolate, you’ll have to let me know if you make it there! Enjoy, anne

Oh Roz I haven’t been to NYC since I moved down here 25 years ago. My 1st husband was from Brooklyn. Have a great time and bring back lots of photos to share with us!

First things first, Roz, that Mississippi Mud Cake in your sidebar is KILLING ME! Haha! It’s divine! I think I just drooled on my laptop. :o)

Have fun in NYC! I’m in PA and I love, love, love traveling to New York City. My husband’s company did a boat dinner around the Statue of Liberty a few years ago and I was just so excited to be on the river. “Look! That’s where bodies wash up in Law and Order! That’s where the Real Housewives might live!” HAHA!

Following you from FF! Have a super lovely weekend!

Kelly

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time and get to eat some delicious food. I’m anxious to hear all about it when you get back. Safe travels!

Oooh, so jealous! I have no suggestions for you because I’ve never been but I hope you eat well, have a great time and take lots of pictures!

You have a beautiful blog and view on life in general. I found you through “Friday Follow” and am now following you through Google Friend Connect. Come on over and visit us when you get a free moment. Happy Tuesday! <3

How fun! I have lived just a mere 2 hours and 30 minutes from NYC for almost 2 years now, and still haven’t managed to take the kids. I went a few times for blog stuff, but not family stuff. Hopefully we can make it during summer.

Here from Follow Friday! Now following.

Enjoy your time in the city! I live in Hoboken, across the river from Manhattan and the view never gets old!

If you need any suggestions for the city, let me know!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! I followed your blog & can’t wait to read more. I went to New York last year & ate at a restaurant called “Hell’s Kitchen” (no tie to the show) and it was amazing. One of my friends said “If only I could eat the plate…it was THAT good)! http://www.hellskitchen-nyc.com/

Chowhound is a great place to get recommendations as well.

Have fun! New York is one of my favorite cities!

Hi! I actually live and work in NYC! I love to think about this stuff too :)

Serendipty, I’ve heard, is great, but you can wait up to two to three hours for their frozen hot chocolate, unless you get there super early. I am not sure if they take reservations.

We love the restaurant Ninja because it’s funny, but it’s really expensive for what the food is.

I would suggest going to St. Peter’s church across from the World Trade Center site. That’s where the volunteers stayed and has history that does and doesn’t involve 9/11.

I hope you have a great trip!!
    Stopping by from SITS!

I already see we have a few things in common….quilting, cooking, and Carolina! Hope you have a great holiday in NYC! Thanks for the invite on Tasty Kitchen.