What You Need:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit is tender (15 minutes).
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Stir into fruit mixture.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (1 minute).
- Continue boiling until thickened (1 minute).
- Remove from heat.
- Combine all crust ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread filling over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all icing ingredients in small bowl.
- Cut into desired serving sizes.
- Drizzle icing over cooled bars.
Don’t you think that the ruby red and spring green colors of rhubarb are just gorgeous?
Mmmm! Now go scoop up some vanilla ice cream or whip up some icing to top this great spring crumble!