Shades of Pink in the Garden

I don’t know what color is most beautiful to you in the garden, but to me, without a shadow of a doubt, that color is PINK!  I just adore the loveliness of all the different shades of pink dominating my gardens.  I also plant flowers in soft yellows, blues or whites to harmonize with the pinks.  However, I never use orange flowers, and only have one red flower variety:  ruby red double Knock-Out roses because they can withstand this Southern humidity so much better than my other roses can.

I haven’t posted about my garden since Spring when my bleeding hearts, daffodils, azaleas, and iris were in bloom, so I felt that it was long overdue to ‘take a walk in my gardens’!  So come along and see what bloomed this summer on the acreage!

One of my David Austen roses
Simple Vinca . . . it’s the ONLY flower that the deer don’t eat in my garden!
A David Austen old-fashioned rose bud
Another David Austen rose variety trailing in the arbor that hubby built for me.
Pink yarrow next to the gardenia with a fairy visiting!

A glorious close-up of Sunrise/Sunset Echinacea
More clusters of pink yarrow
One of my brilliant pink daylilies
And finally, a fluttering butterfly that is naturally attracted to Ruby Echinacea!
Wasn’t he/she nice for sitting still long enough for this camera amateur to take a photo?
I hope that you have a beautiful day . . .
and that you can get outside and smell some fresh flowers!

Comments

These are beautiful Roz, I like your garden very much. I also plant echinacea, but I don’t really get a visitor (butterfly) yet.

I love pink a in the garden but sadly not in Italy in August, the pink has long since gone from our garden. So it was a real treat to view these this evening.

I’m with you on pink flowers. Of course, pink is also my favorite color on anything! Your roses are gorgeous and your other flowers are lovely, too. Thanks for sharing. Susan

Thank you so much for the comment and follow. I LOVE your blog… it’s beautiful! (I LOVE butterflies!!) I also love your recipes. I will most definitely be following you now! :)

Stopping by from LBS :). Thank you for providing pictures of your gorgeous flowers. Pink is such a happy color and I know that your garden must be bursting with warm and positive energy. Great blog!

stopping by from LBS! Thanks so much for providing pictures of your gorgeous flowers. Pink is such a happy color and I’m sure your garden must be bursting with warm and positive energy. Great blog!

Your pinks are lovely. My garden is on its last legs so I have to get my pleasures from such as yours. By the way, I’m going to try your Italian Cream Cake as it is one of my favorite desserts.

What a gorgeous post! I just love all the pink. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower – it gave me the chance to discover your beautiful blog, which I am now following. Such a lovely place you have here! I’m so glad I found you. I’m off to look around some more. :)

Hi Roz!
    I honestly feel like I have died and gone to HEAVEN over here on your beautiful blog!
    Your recipes sound SCRUMPTIOUS!
    Some of the very recipes I’ve been needing to!
    I think I might have to come spend an entire day over here!
    Delighted to meet you!
    I’m Teresa!
    Bainbridge Island WA!
    And the BLOOMS are lovely~lovely~lovely!
    xo

it’s a sad truth that i don’t know the first thing about flowers. well, i guess i know the first thing–i can at least tell between, say, a rose and a tulip, but you know what i mean. regardless, i still know when something’s beautiful, and these are that! i resisted liking pink for the longest time, but now i’m a full-fledged fan. :)

Hello Roz,
    Thank you for joining in on Fresh-Cut Friday. We will be doing it again on the first of October. :)

These are wonderful pictures! :)
    ~Liz

P.S. I added your button on to my sidebar. Thank you so much for adding mine to yours I really appreciate it!

Hi there, I’m so glad that I’ve found you via Java’s blog hop! I virtually “married the mob” 22 years ago when I married my husband who was born to Italian post war immigrants to Australia, and raised as a very traditional Italian.
    I’ll be bookmarking you to visit more, and am following you on twitter.
    Cate :-)

Hi, Roz, stopping by from Java’s Follow Friday. I just love your flower photos, and the food, well, it’s just glorious! How have you lost 4# so quickly? Even though it’s mild where I live (the NW), I needed to see some summer! Thank you. Going to link up with your hop. blessings, k