Spring Salad with Strawberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette

Spring is such a wonderful season for garden-fresh salads that are perfect for luncheons, brunches, and teas . . . and most importantly for daily enjoyment.  I need my greens, folks!  Fresh spring berries add such a wonderful flavor element to a savory salad, whether fresh or in a vinaigrette.  Strawberries, in particular, are one of my favorite ways to enhance a spring salad.

There is literally a plethora of recipes in which strawberries play a starring role in side salads of fresh greens.  After reading and researching many of those recipes as usual, I just developed my own version of both the ingredients of the salad itself, but most importantly, the vinaigrette.  This recipe knocked my socks off!  I was so blown away by how delicious this spring fresh salad is, that I will, without a doubt, make this over and over again!  Even my ranch dressing husband enjoyed it without a negative comment!

A big WOWZA for this newly developed recipe in my repertoire!  Thank you sweet strawberries for your fresh inspiration!  And oh yes, thank you balsamico vinegar for the tremendous foundation for the vinaigrette!  Simply delicioso!

Spring Salad with Strawberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/8 cup sugar (you can also substitute a few Tbsp. of honey if you prefer)
3/4 cup olive oil
10 oz. fresh mixed ‘mesclun’ or spring lettuce or baby spinach
1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
1 – 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup fresh bacon, fully cooked/browned and then chopped/crumbled

Optional:  For some protein, add chunks of cooked chicken or turkey . . . add the amount that you prefer, one or two cups depending on how many you are serving.

With an immersion blender, mix together the sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce; dry mustard, salt, pepper, and red onion.
Blend well until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, chopped eggs, almonds, crumbled cheese, and bacon.
Or individually plate each salad to garnish the way that you prefer.
Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss.  Or pass vinaigrette around to guests for their own dressing preference level.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my blog to receive e-mail notices of any new posts and recipes! I’d love to follow you in return.

Comments

Strawberries and greens… Believe it or not Roz I never ate a salad with both! After seeing this, I’ll fix that real fast. Grocery run scheduled for tomorrow too. Strawberries just made the list.

Your photos are stunning, as always.

Wow Roz – gorgeous. And my antennae just went up – I made something very similar twice this week but love how you spiced it up. When strawberries are in season, my health quotient goes way up!

Looks delicious Roz and Bev loves salad with strawberries so I’ll be sure she tries this. With the ingredients in the dressing I believe I’d enjoy it as well.

YUM – all I had to do was to look at the photo and I was sold. What a wonderful lookig salad.

Now if only we ever get some fresh straberries here . . . sigh

This is my kind of salad. You used bleu cheese but I imagine that feta would work also. Balsamic dressing is perfect for the strawberries. Awesome.

Absolutely lovely — I might have to make some vegan adjustments — but so worth it as it looks A-MAZING!!

Lovin’ your blog!
    Hiya! Newest follower from The Follow Friday Over 40 Hop– please stop by and say hello! Would love if ya followed back!
    ♥cyn♥
    The Purple Goddess

That photo – those strawberries – just an eye-popping photo. You really got creative with that dressing and it sounds delicious.

Strawberries and balsamic vinegar seem to be a match made in heaven. Love the blue cheese in this and what would we do without our immersion blenders?

Beautiful photos of a beautiful salad Roz. Hope you too are having a wonderful Memorial day weekend.
    Sam

This salad looks amazing! Your photo is mouth watering. I love strawberries in salads and I love it with balsamic vinaigrette.

10. Anonymous says

I made my own version of this salad but followed the balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe to the T and it was DELICIOUS. I took it to a dinner party and everyone commented on how good it was! I will never buy balsamic vinaigrette again!

Hi Anonymous!

I am SO GLAD to hear that you enjoyed my vinaigrette! So far everyone likes it too! What an honor to know that you made it and that it will be a keeper for you!

Roz

12. Anonymous says

I have to admit that I found your recipe on pinterest and fell in love with it – i make this at least once a week at my house – my husband just shakes his head at me :)

Thank you so much for a great recipe!!!
    Kelly

Hi Kelly,

My husband just shakes his head at me too! I’m making this for my daughter when she visits this weekend and I know that she’ll also enjoy it! Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by!

Roz