Once upon a time, a local sandwich shop offered a wonderful bagel sammie that was unforgettable. I memorized the ingredients way-back-when so that I could try and replicate the sandwich at home. I really had to go back into the cobwebs of my mind to retrieve those ingredients to make this savory bagel sandwich.
Here’s the story that I found in the recesses of my mind:
There once was a toasted bagel that had two friends stop over and visit. One friend’s name was sun-dried tomato pesto and the other friend’s name was basil pesto. Along came some nice, crispy lettuce, a sliced red onion, and plenty of sliced turkey friends to join the party. But what would a good sandwich be without the joy and friendliness of some creamy, soft herb cheese to soften up the tangy pestos? Together these ingredients made one bagel lover eat happily every after!
If you’re looking for a flavorful sandwich, than you’ll certainly love this!
What You Need:
- Bagels (your preference in flavor, garlic would be nice; and preferably authentic NY bagels)
- Sun-dried tomato pesto
- Basil pesto
- Lettuce (use the variety of your choice)
- Red onion
- Sliced smoked turkey (Boar's Head is the best)
- Soft herb cheese (such as Boursin)
- Slice the bagels in half and toast them.
- Spread the sun-dried tomato pesto on the inside of one half.
- Spread the basil pesto on the inside of the other half sliced bagel.
- Thickly layer the smoked turkey on top of one half.
- Spread some soft herb cheese on top of the turkey slices.
- Place some lettuce leaves on top of the cheese.
- Place some red onion slices on top of the cheese.
- Put the other half of the bagel on top.
- Slice the whole bagel sandwich in half and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.