No, it’s not another green smoothie, but it is still an extremely yummy strawberry, banana, pineapple smoothie and totally loaded with good stuff to help improve health and lightly de-tox. Plus the pink color is perfect for the upcoming St. Valentine’s Day, one of my all-time favorite holidays, being a romantic at heart!
Today I hit the 10 pound weight loss point since the first week in January . . . I am doing this slowly and intelligently through a change in what I put in my tummy. I also joined Weight Watchers to someday have a body like spokeswoman, Jennifer Hudson (in my dreams at 56 years old!).
Oh, yes, I did blow it (eating healthfully) for one lunch this week when Mr. M. and P. (meat and potatoes) and I stopped ‘where the parking lot is full’ at a local new and booming BBQ joint, “The Squealing Pig”.
However, I did order chicken instead of pulled pork and I did have sweet potato fries instead of regular white potato fries. Oh yea, baby . . . it was wonderful! And absolutely no sweet tea, just lemon water. Hey, one has to splurge every now and then to stay on this health journey, don’t ya think?
I hope that you enjoy this special Valentine’s Strawberry, Banana & Pineapple Smoothie!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (this is your de-tox magic ingredient!)
- 10 medium to large strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. coconut water
- 1 tsp. local honey
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (swells to 8 times larger in your tummy to help you feel fuller)
- 2 ice cubes (to chill it)
- Blend the banana, add the pineapple, blend again, add strawberries, blend again.
- Add the rest and anything else that you like, blend again.
Enjoy the full feeling you get from this pretty pink drink!
Here’s more delicious smoothies to add to your recipe box!
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?