- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 1/4 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- First, one hour before cooking the frittata, prepare the wild rice according to the package directions (bring 4 cups of water and 1 cup of wild rice to a full boil, reduce to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes; turn off heat and let rice sit for another 30 minutes covered).
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add asparagus and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add onions, and sauté 1 minute or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, rice, basil, and rind; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Pat mixture into an even layer in pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over rice mixture; cook 4 minutes or until almost set.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil; broil 4 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Cook on stove on low and then broil in oven (right)