Liz and Kelly today, and yes very skinny!
What You Need:
- Italian bread, sliced diagonally
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. local honey
- fresh strawberries
- 1 cup Frogole imported Italian strawberries in syrup
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Slice bread diagonally.
- Spread butter on both sides of bread.
- Sprinkle with mixture of sugar and cinnamon (about 1 cup sugar to 2 tsp. cinnamon to start).
- Broil for a few minutes on each side; do not burn.
- Set aside.
- Blend local honey with mascarpone cheese.
- Spread a big dollop on each slice of bread.
- Cut up strawberries.
- Blend with imported Italian Fragole strawberries in syrup.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Blend in 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar (add more to your taste preference).
- Top each cheese-covered crostini with the strawberry mixture.
- Garnish with mint, basil, and fresh whole strawberries.