Italian-blend seasonings (I added this)
2 – 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (my addition)
anchovy slices for garnish (my addition)
freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste (my addition)
Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden, turning once.
Grate 2 tablespoons cheese; shave remaining cheese to equal about 6 tablespoons. Set shaved cheese aside.
Combine grated cheese, mayonnaise, and next 8 ingredients (including the pesto, through garlic) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Combine croutons and lettuce in a large bowl.
Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over lettuce mixture; toss to coat.
Top each serving with 1 tablespoon shaved cheese.
Now here are the other “Green” and lighter, fresh recipes that the others brought to the Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club this month:
- Val of More Than Burnt Toast prepared a Creamy Feta Spinach Dip that is perfect served with flat pita bread.
- Susan of The Spice Garden prepared a Salad with New Hampshire Maple-Mustard Dressing.
- Sarah of All Our Fingers in the Pie brought the main entree of Shrimp in Green Sauce.
- Jerry of Jerry’s Thoughts, Musings and Rants put together a delicious Salmon with Cucumber Salad and Dill Sauce.
- Sandi of Whistlestop Cafe Cooking accompanied the menu with refreshing Lemony Snap Peas.
Panzanella Salad with Pancetta, Tomato and Basil