Aren’t you just loving spring after the unbelievably cold, snowy, and long winter that we experienced since November through April? Gosh, I’ve just been so ready for spring this year . . . just about climbing up the walls from being inside so much! I can’t even imagine the cabin fever that those in the Northern part of the U.S. and Canada were forced to endure!
We’ve just begun planting our vegetable gardens (late) this year due to the unseasonably colder weather that even we in the South felt. I’ve got this gardening itch that just won’t go away! And I can’t wait to spend my Saturday afternoon tomorrow going to the nursery to pack my car full of spring flowers and more veggies! I sort of go overboard!
Some of the first veggies that sprout every spring in my garden is asparagus, a wonderful perennial that returns annually once you get the asparagus patch planted! Oh so yummy, we usually pluck the spears right out of the soil, brush them off, and plop them straight into our mouths. Nothing could get any fresher or flavorful than that!
If you haven’t tried roasting your veggies, than you really need to experience the intensified flavor that roasting (or grilling) brings to food. And nothing is easier or faster than roasting asparagus and garlic! Your kitchen will be filled with the aroma of garlic as you prepare the table for your family and guests! With this recipe, you’ll be able to experience the flavor-burst from roasting. And talk about EASY!
I hope that you enjoy this super easy, super-delicious, super-fresh, spring-themed asparagus!
And as we say around our table before eating and enjoying our delicious food, “Mangia!”
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for baking pan
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, rinsed, and dried
- 4 large cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Set the oven on “Broil”.
- Pour the first amount of olive oil on a rimmed baking pan.
- Spread it around with a baking brush so that the surface is nicely oiled.
- Lay the asparagus on the pan.
- With your hands or utensil, roll the asparagus in the olive oil to completely core.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic all over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds all over the asparagus and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper or your favorite Italian seasonings.
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle over everything.
- Roast on ‘broil’ for approximately 10 minutes, keeping a close eye on the asparagus so that it is not overcooked.
Making friends in the food blogging world has been one of the unexpected treats of being a tiny part of the immensely large blogging world! And one foodie blogger friend, Tara, from “Noshings with The Nolands” asked that I write a guest post for her last month. Tara has a great food blog and I’d like to give her a shout-out in gratitude for allowing me to share one of my recipes with her readers. It’s been my pleasure, one month later, to share this special spring recipe with you, my own wonderful readers!