I love easy recipes . . . especially when the weather is so beautiful outside where I spend most of my entire day. Long, complicated, and more involved recipes just don’t cut the mustard when I’m outside gardening, as I was today.
So this week’s Sunday Supper theme of “5 Ingredients or Less” is not just a great theme, it means that I’ll probably have something prepared in less than 15 minutes after going back inside of our house at 5:00 to feed the dogs!
A simple dinner is done and yet still delicious!
“Say what?” is what you’re thinking. Panini my friends, PANINI!
Just look in your pantry and frig for your favorite sandwich or pizza/calzone ingredients, put them together and then slap them on that panini grill . . . done in 5 – 10 minutes flat!
The panini that I prepared was concocted from exactly what I had on hand. Hating to waste anything, here are the five “on-hand” ingredients for Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto:
- Italian bread
- Smoked turkey slices
- Roasted Red Peppers (from my freezer from last summer’s garden) Click on link for how to roast your own red peppers Roasting Red Peppers
- 5-cheese Italian cheese blend (comes in a plastic bag in the dairy section)
- Basil Pesto (from my freezer again from last summer’s garden) Click on link for how to make your own pesto Fresh Basil Pesto
As I said above, I was in our gardens today. Gardening may be considered to be hard work to some, but to us it is so rewarding! Not to forget mentioning having produce that is pure with no additives, and super fresh and flavorful! It’s easy to get addicted to the whole gardening process and the results very quickly! And as you can see from the ingredients, you’re able to put up, can, and/or freeze your own fruits and veggies . . . and then enjoy the fruits of your labor throughout the entire year until the next year’s planting time!
What You Need:
- Italian bread, sliced thick
- Smoked turkey slices
- Roasted Red Peppers (from my freezer from last summer's garden)
- 5-cheese Italian cheese blend, shredded (comes in a plastic bag in the regular cheese and dairy section)
- Basil Pesto (from my freezer again from last summer's garden)
- Heat up a panini press or griddle pan.
- Lay out the bread slices.
- Lather one side of each panini with basil pesto.
- Layer lots of smoked turkey on top of pesto.
- Spread lots of shredded Italian cheeses on top of turkey.
- Place in microwave for 2 - 3 minutes to insure that the turkey is heated through and the cheese melts.
- Place a thick layer of roasted red peppers on top of melted cheese.
- Place a slice of bread on top.
- Spray the panini press with olive oil spray.
- Carefully shut the panini press down.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fruited Jasmine Rice from It’s Yummi
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food