Have you ever begged someone to share a recipe? I have ( a lot) and this recipe is one of those!
At a Christmas party that I was a guest at year’s ago . . . way back when I could eat anything and still stay skinny, this delicious Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip was served.
It was simply yummy upon first bite!
I could have devoured the entire bowl and knew that I just had to get my hands on the recipe!
And I did!
Today whenever I serve it (usually for our last fattening-hurrah-indulgence party on New Year’s Eve), I get the same reaction from my guests : “Wow, this is really good! How do you make this? Can I please have the recipe?”
This veggie and chip dip is so easy, it’s nearly stupid to make . . . and isn’t that just dandy at this busy time of year? Save the stress of making Beef Wellington for Valentine’s Day or some other special occasion. Prepare this dip in a snap and enjoy the extra freed up time with your family and friends.
Now I have to warn you . . . this isn’t a skinny recipe! I suppose you can substitute lower calorie or reduced fat versions of the dairy ingredients, but I know the taste just won’t be the same.
And after all the veggies make us feel better, don’t they . . . at least a little bit!
- 16 oz. Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 small container sour cream (not low-fat or reduced fat -- use the real deal!)
- 24 oz. small curd high quality cottage cheese
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Chill thoroughly and allow the flavors to marry and blend well.
- Serve with crudités such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli and mushroom caps.
- This recipe makes a large amount for a party-size group, so cut it in half or even by one-third, depending how many people will be served.