Simple, fresh, beautiful and fuzzy peaches are a long-awaited summer treat for my family! This recipe for Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup is not only delicious with tree-ripe peaches, it is amazingly easy and no cooking is required!
Isn’t it just piping hot in your neck of the woods?
Everything cold, frozen or chilled is all that is on my mind in the midst of summer’s heat! My stove has gone on strike (literally, it has broken down in need of repair)! And you just can’t pay me to turn on my oven. But that doesn’t mean we have to stop enjoying delicious recipes.
With super fresh South Carolina peaches that we picked up at our favorite roadside fruit stand, along with the freshest tomatoes hanging on the vine begging to be plucked in my gardens, I couldn’t resist this unique and over-the-top, flavor-intense salad!
Now this is definitely not your conventional Caprese Salad, but oh, is it good! You simply partner tree-ripe-fresh sweet peaches with the ripe, freshsavory-sweet tomatoes, add some fresh basil leaves, and then drizzle a thick honey-thickened balsamic syrup or glaze all over . . . and you’ve got a summer feast ready to serve!
Oh my goodness, we are in love with this flavor combination — it’ amazing!
The second bonus (the flavor is the first bonus) is that there is no oven, no stove, not even an outdoor grill to turn on any heat! Just cool, refreshing, and super fresh deliciousness!
Super FRESH, FRESH, FRESH, and perfectly RIPE peaches and tomatoes are a must to enjoy this flavor blast!
Never buy peaches that have been shipped from more than one state further away from where you live. You will be biting into hard, dry, tasteless rubber. When I lived in Iowa, I would wait for the Missouri peaches to be picked and driven through the dark of night to a nearby fruit stand and sold the very next morning. Those peaches were simply heavenly!
You have to admit that the color combination of peaches and tomatoes are also perfect! The opposites of fuzzy and smooth textures contribute more interest to the salad as well!
** Please Pin This Image Below **
- 1 - 2 freshest peaches possible, leave skin on, sliced
- 1 - 2 freshest tomatoes possible, sliced thick
- 1 - 2 balls of fresh, soft bufalo di mozzarella (imported from Italy if possible)
- about 12 large, fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. honey
- Slice the tomatoes, peaches, and cheese nice and thick.
- Layer on a platter, alternating each.
- In a very small pan, mix the balsamic vinegar with the honey.
- Warm up the vinegar and honey until thickened nicely.
- Set syrup aside to cool.
- Drizzle over the top of the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thanks to Sue of A Palatable Pastime for hosting this peachy Sunday Supper theme and to Renee for managing the get-together! Let’s take a look at all of the recipes shared this week for fresh peaches:
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Enjoy this Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup!