- 3 large Beets (or 1 regular sized ‘batch’), cooked in boiling water, cut into large slices or pieces
- 1 large sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3 jumbo cage-free Eggs, boiled, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried sweet Cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup slivered Manchego cheese
- Red-leaf Lettuce, cleaned and whole leaves pulled off, do not tear up into pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsps. chopped Onions
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning or 1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing
- Bring water to a boil in a very large, deep heavy pot.
- Place the beets in the hot water and boil until a fork can be easily inserted into the center.
- Remove the cooked beets from the water to cool.
- Peel and remove both ends.
- Slice into very thick slices.
- Place the lettuce on a platter for a base for the remaining ingredients.
- Spread a layer of the thickly cut beets on top of lettuce.
- Place the chopped avocados, onions, sliced eggs, dried cranberries, slivered almonds and slivers of Manchego cheese.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.
- Salt and pepper to desired preference.
- Serve with some beautiful artisan bread.