I’ve got some girlfriends coming over for a brunch today, so I will make this post very brief, because the gals will be arriving any minute.
Besides food, what’s better for a Saturday brunch then a little, tasty beverage? For this occasion, I found fresh cranberries in the market to whip into a regular batch of strawberry daiquiris and added a tad bit more sugar to soften the tang of the cranberries. Oooh, yummy! I think that they will just love this!
This recipe is my own creation, but inspired by the numerous recipes in the little pink cocktail book that you can see in the photo, “Pink Drinks”. Enjoy!
- 1 bottle strawberry daiquiri mix
- White rum – as much as you desire
- 1/4 bag cranberries, washed.
- 1/2 bag fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries (I freeze mine every spring)
- 3 teaspoons red grenadine syrup
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. sugar or more to taste
- In a large pitcher, add all of the ingredients and blend thoroughly with an immersion blender; you might even want to put the cranberries through a food processor first to really get them finely chopped.
- Serve over cubed or crushed ice.
Salute’ and ching ching!!!