- 1 pound thick-sliced, hickory smoked bacon (this makes ALL the difference!) fried completely until dark reddish-brown and crispy, then cooled, and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 1 – 2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1–1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup thinly shredded mild cheddar cheese, or small cubes if you like
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 – 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp. vinegar (try using red wine vinegar)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the first 6 ingredients together (from the broccoli to the sunflower seeds).
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Blend well until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the broccoli mixture with the mayonnaise mixture.