- 1 lb. ground cooked veal, drain the fat and cool slightly
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto
- 1/4 lb. mortadella
- While the veal is cooking, grind the prosciutto and mortadella in a food processor, only until it is in little pieces — don’t process to much or it will turn into a mushy mess.
- Then add this the cooked veal; let it cool a little or the egg that you are about to add will cook and you don’t want the eggs to cook.
Add to this whole mixture
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. (or more to taste) nutmeg
- dash of pepper
- 1 jumbo beaten egg
Continue to add
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 – 2/3 cups plain bread crumbs
- add 1 – 2 Tbsp. butter
- You need to taste throughout the blending process to determine the ‘crumbly texture and biting taste’.
- Get the chicken broth going on the stove before you get started rolling the pasta dough out.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please pin it on Pinterest and / or share it on Instagram! Many thanks!