- 4 – 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery (plus leaves), finely chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1–1/2 cups of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (less if you prefer)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with jalapeños
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled blue cheese
- sliced lime
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the ground turkey (or chicken) in a skillet over medium heat, crumbling it as it cooks, and set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a deep pot.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic . . . cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add turkey/chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beans, paprika, and hot sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, sliced lime, and chopped cilantro.