- 12 large eggs yolks (setting aside the whites for later)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 quart bourbon
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup cognac (or brandy)
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1–1/2 cups heavy cream (cold)
- cinnamon candy canes
- cinnamon sticks
- ground nutmeg
- Separate the eggs and save the whites for later.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until the mixture lightens in color and falls off the whisk in a solid “ribbon.”
- Combine dairy and all of the booze in a second bowl or pitcher and then slowly beat into the egg mixture.
- Move to a large glass jar (or a couple of smaller ones) and store in the fridge for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Serve in mugs or cups topped with a some nutmeg sprinkled on top.