- 1 – 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk (this helps the pasta seal together when twisting the tortellini)
- 1 cup Semolina flour
- Blend these six ingredients together very, very well.
- 3/4 cup regular flour (not semolina)
- You can mix this the old-fashioned way by making a “bowl” of flour on a wooden block, placing the wet ingredients in the center of the ‘flour bowl’ and gently add the flour in with a fork until completely mixed, OR you can mix the dough in a food processor until it has the consistency of cornmeal.
- This finished dough should be well blended, but NOT sticky. If it is sticky, cut the dough into 3 sections and add 1 Tbsp. flour to each. If, on the other hand, it is too dry and crumbly, add 1 – 2 tsp. water.
- Knead the pasta dough for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Put into plastic bag and let rest for 30 minutes.
- For every egg that you use, it will make about 100 tortellini, therefore this recipe makes 100 tortellini (at the correct size that is).