THE VOO DOO PUNCH at MAFOLIE blends SIX types of Caribbean RUMS in their version that is NOT included in this recipe found on the web. Therefore use the SIX (6) rums of your choice when preparing this concoction! This makes enough for a party of a LOT of people! This classic Caribbean rum punch was created at a party at the world famous Voodoo Lanai in south Florida by a bartender known as the Voodoo Master in 2001- it’s been a fan favorite ever since, and is particulary good on hot summer days in the sub-tropics.
Scale ingredients to the correct amount of servings:
- 92 oz(2 cans) pineapple juice
- 32 oz(1 carton) orange juice
- 1 liter Mount Gay® Eclipse Barbados rum
- 375 ml(1/2 bottle) Cruzan® coconut rum
- 6 oz grenadine syrup
- 32 oz Sprite® soda
- 6 – 8 dashes Angostura® bitters
- 8 – 10 slices orange and lime
- In a large punchbowl, combine all ingredients, stir.
- Add slices of orange and lime, and an ice block.
- Makes about 25 eight oz. drinks.
- Another version that’s less sweet can be made by substituting club soda for Spite/7-Up.