For the Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 jumbo eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups freshly-chopped rhubarb
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the Mascarpone Cream Topping
- 1 tub of Italian Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered (confectioner’s sugar)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Generously butter and flour entire 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and sour cream to the dry mixture.
- Fold in the chopped rhubarb; the batter will be very thick and heavy.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread it evenly throughout the pan.
- In a small bowl, blend together the brown sugar and butter until well-blended.
- Stir in ¼ cup flour and cinnamon, until mixture is sticky-crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over the unbaked cake batter.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
While cake is baking blend prepare the Mascarpone Cream topping
- Blend all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, using an electric hand-held mixer, until well-blended.
- Dollop mascarpone cream on top of cake slices.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Original Recipe Source: https://www.italianbellavita.com/2015/04/rhubarb-streusel-cake-with-mascarpone-cream/
- Copyright © 2015 La Bella Vita Cucina.
- All content and images are copyright protected.
- Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
- See more at: http://italianbellavita.com