Sweet summer is coming to a gentle end . . . and as peaches are still ripe on the vine in the Southern states, the once-quiet orchards in the mountain hills are beginning to burst with crisp apples!
But waste not, want not, as the saying goes!
So let’s use these last few weeks of fresh peaches in any of our favorite recipes. I’ve made so many varieties of fresh fruit smoothies before and shared the recipes here on La Bella Vita Cucina, several of which have had a delicious peach base. None of which could be resisted in a chilled glass. Peaches are just so versatile in so many recipes! But I have to say that this version of a peach smoothie is by far my favorite!
Fresh peaches combined with a velvety banana, and a dash of heavenly almond and cinnamon! The perfect bridge recipe from summer to autumn.
I hope that you enjoy this smoothie recipe as much as we have!
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 2 fresh peaches, skin and pits removed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon local bee honey
- 1 fresh banana
- 2 - 3 cups ice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Garnish: Freshly ground cinnamon
- Chill your glasses.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or Vita-Mix (type) blender.
- Pour cold mixture into chilled glasses.
- Garnish with slices of fresh, unpeeled peaches.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground cinnamon.
- Serve cold, immediately.