- 1 large can red salmon, drained well
- 1 large can good quality white tuna, drained well
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced very thin or chopped
- 4 – 5 heads of Belgian endive
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 Tbsps. fresh Italian parsley, finely minced
- Your favorite Italian balsamic vinaigrette
- Freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper
- 2 – 3 cups baby lettuce leaves
- In two separate small mixing bowls, blend 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette into the salmon and into the tuna (separately).
- If necessary, add more vinaigrette to your desired taste.
- Mix in the green onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a bed of baby lettuce on a platter.
- Cut off the ends of the Belgian endive and gently pull off the leaves in one piece, untorn.
- Alternating the leaves, fill with the salmon and tuna salads.
- Lay on top of the lettuce bed.
- Sprinkle pomegranate arils, slivered almonds, and minced Italian parsley on each Belgian endive ‘bite’ of salmon and tuna salad.
- In a nice server, have extra vinaigrette available for guests.