Carolina Caviar / Black Bean Salsa
The view of the lake cove from the deck. After the heavy spring rains that Tennessee has received, the lake was full and the trees were green and lush! It was so peaceful, shady and cool! Just what the stress doctor ordered for a hot weather weekend!
Warning: This salsa/caviar is totally addicting!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 2 avocados, peeled, cored, sliced and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small package frozen corn, thawed or 1 can yellow & white corn
- 1 - 2 cans Rotel tomatoes and chiles (be careful, this might be too hot for you)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, stems removed, leaves finely chopped
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl; tasting and adjusting as you go!
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Adjust seasoning to preference levels after the salsa sets overnight and the flavors blend/marry.
- Serve with tortilla chips.