- 12 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cream or whole milk
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple, core removed, cut into cubes
- 1 fresh banana, sliced
- Pineapple pound cake – purchased or homemade
- Macadamia Nut ice cream – purchase or homemade
- chopped macadamia nuts
- In a very warm saucepan, melt the butter, but do not burn.
- Add the brown sugar and stir well.
- Add the cinnamon and cream/milk.
- Stir well again.
- Add the pineapple cubes and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In individual bowls, place a slice or two of pineapple cake.
- Place a scoop or two of macadamia nut ice cream on top of the cake slices.
- Sprinkle the banana slices on top of these.
- Pour on the pineapple-caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts.
- Garnish: orchids or mint if you have them