- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh Meyer Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 2 teaspoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
Cookie Crumb Layers
- Italian ladyfingers
- or any cookie of choice: shortbread, amaretto cookies, or graham crackers
- Fresh heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar, lemon zest and eggs in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and the mixture turns light in color (about 2-3 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice and cook for about 5 minutes or until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cold butter and vanilla bean paste or extract.
- Strain the curd for a smoother texture.
- Cool the lemon curd before covering and chilling in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Crumbled cookie layers
- Place cookies in a plastic bag and gently pound them into the size of crumbs that you prefer.
- Gently whip the heavy cream.
- Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Whip again, but only until soft peaks form.
- Place cookie crumbs in the bottom of parfait glasses.
- Next spoon in 1 – 2 teaspoons of lemon curd.
- Spoon or pipe whipped cream layer on next, about a tablespoon.
- Repeat with a second layer of each with the layer of whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with lemon slices and/or mint sprigs.