- 3 – 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 – 3 balls of imported Italian Bufalo Mozzarella
- 15 – 20 large, fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar and/or glaze
- Slice tomatoes about 1/4″ thick, but NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH, leave a tiny bit unsliced. You want the tomatoes to open up like a fan and intack as one tomato.
- Slice the bufalo mozzarella in the same width as what you sliced the tomatoes . . . about 1/4″ thick
On a serving platter
- Place slices of bufalo mozzarela in between each tomato slice.
- Place one large basil leaf next to each slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or glaze.
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of basil.