My mother bought a sweet little Christmas cookbook in the hospital gift shop where my father had surgery a few weeks ago (Simply Christmas Cookbook, 2009). So many of the recipes sound delicious, yet extremely easy and simple. So my mother, with the help of Ashleigh (my niece) chose to prepare a few cheese logs for all of us to nibble on. I haven’t seen cheese balls or logs as appetizers or snack options in several years, so it was nice to have them again. These are truly very good and much better than your average everyday cheese ball or log, so if you’re watching your calories, then just have a slice or two, and no more! Sounds difficult, but if I can do it, so can anyone. Plus these make great gifts!
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (5 oz) can of chunk white chicken, drained OR use the same amount of leftover chicken from making chicken broth (shredded). We make chicken broth (brodo) every holiday for the Tortellini in Brodo and have a lot of left over cooked chicken.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and chicken.
- Form the mixture into a log.
- On a piece of wax paper, spread out the chopped pecans.
- Roll the log in the pecans until it is completely coated.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please pin it on Pinterest and/or share it on Instagram! Thank you so much!