For the Lemon Cream Sauce (double this if you like more sauce)
4 Tbsp. butter
3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
juice of 1/2 lemon (more is OK if you want a stronger lemon flavor)
zest of 1 lemon
½ cup freshly grated Parmigiana cheese
2 Tbsp. capers, rinsed thoroughly
2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, or increase according to your preference
For the Mixed Green Salad
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
4 cups mixed spring lettuce
1 lb. fresh asparagus tips (about 2 inches long)
1 cups (8 oz.) fresh or frozen small spring peas
1 cup sliced almonds
1 lb. farfalle pasta
4 – 6 salmon filets
garlic powder and lemon pepper to use when baking the salmon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Sprinkle garlic powder and lemon pepper all over the top of salmon filets. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes.
3. When done, cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in a microwave oven or warm oven while you complete the lemon cream sauce and the salad.
5. While water boils, prepare the lemon cream sauce.
Add the minced garlic and saute’ until aromatic for approximately 3 – 5 minutes. Do not burn the garlic.
Add chopped Italian parsley. Set aside to toss into the pasta.
8. When water boils, add the pasta and cook for about 5 – 7 minutes until al dente.
9. When finished, strain the pasta and stir in the lemon cream sauce, saving some sauce to the side to pass around to guests.
10. Put the pasta in cream sauce into a nice serving bowl.
Sprinkle slivered almonds all over the salad.
12. Place warmed salmon filets on top of lettuce, peas, and asparagus.
Garnish with slivered almonds and Italian parsley.