4 – 6 fresh, ripe, firm tomatoes, sliced or quartered
1 – 2 cucumbers, peeled, sliced or quartered)
1 small red onion, diced
1/3 cup minced Italian parsley
6 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (with a dash of balsamic vinegar, if you like)
Good Seasons Italian dressing prepared according to package instructions
Freshly cracked sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
Castelvetrano green olives, chopped or sliced
Anchovy fillets, cut into small pieces
Imported Italian canned tuna (it’s delicious!)
- Slice the tomatoes and cucumbers as you prefer.
- Either put them in a mixing bowl together or plate the tomatoes alternating with the cucumber slices.
- Add the red onion and Italian parsley and any other optional ingredients that you prefer.
- Either drizzle on 6 Tbsp of olive oil and 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar OR Good Seasons Italian dressing, using just enough to coat the vegetables.
- Season generously with freshly cracked sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add any other optional ingredient listed above or of your own choice.
- Allow the salad to set and ‘macerate’ for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil leaves if you like, or simply sprinkle more chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve immediately.