Here’s the result of my testing and re-testing the perfect Autumn Chicken Salad with Dried Cranberries and Grapes to share with you.
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved green grapes (red would be even prettier for the season)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream (whipped until soft peaks form)
- 1 tablespoon freshly diced Italian parsley
- (use any or all of the following seasonings to your taste preference)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon or dill
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder (if desired, optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Italian parsley
- large tomatoes
- lettuce varieties of choice
- Combine the first dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- In another medium-sized bowl, blend the mayonnaise, whipped cream, and spices.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken and other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Cut out large tomatoes.
- Lay tomatoes on a bed of lettuce, or inside a half head of iceberg lettuce.
- Place the chicken salad inside the tomatoes and around the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Garnish with sprigs of Italian parsley.
Enjoy this Autumn Chicken Salad with Dried Cranberries and Grapes
For some great advice on preparing a wonderful chicken salad, you can always trust that given from Ina Garten! Here is a great link to her thoughts on how to prepare a fabulous chicken salad!
My niece gave me one of Ina Garten’s cookbooks and it has been one of my favorite cookbooks! If you’re looking for a great cookbook, just click on the photo:
Since the late 70’s, I have also trusted Bon Appetit magazine for some of the absolute best recipes on the planet. Click through this link to find tips on how to make the ultimate chicken salad without a recipe!