This private family recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law and is absolutely over-the-top delicious. These potatoes grace our table for each and every holiday celebration meal. I’m sharing it with you because it is very special and oh so yummy. If you prepare it, please write back and let me know what you think! Enjoy and Bon Appetito!
- 4 lbs. Idaho russet potatoes (about 12 medium-sized potatoes), PEELED.
- 1- 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 4 – 8 Tbsp. butter
- ground paprika
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil for 15 minutes or until a fork can be inserted easily.
- Drain the water from the boiled, cooked potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a very large bowl and mash with an electric, hand-held beater.
- Beat in the cream cheese.
- Beat in the sour cream, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Beat at high speed until smooth and creamy!
- Stir in the fresh chopped chives.
- Spoon into a lightly oil-sprayed large baking dish.
- Slice the butter and place the slices upright randomly all over the top of the potatoes.
- Lightly sprinkle the top of the potatoes and butter slices with ground paprika.
- Bake in a 350 (F) oven for 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top and the potatoes are heated all the way through.