- 1–1/2 pounds baking potatoes, shredded
- salt (sprinkle)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 – 4 cups or more of oil for frying in the pan
- 16 oz. sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1–1/2 Tbsp. fresh, minced rosemary
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Mix the shredded potatoes, onions, garlic, salt and eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil.
- Shape the potato mixture into small pancakes about 3 – 4 inches wide by about 1″ deep.
- Carefully place the latkes in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Mix the garlic and rosemary in the yogurt or sour cream.
- Serve hot.