- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 Tbsp. champagne or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or truffle oil (I used half of each)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey (add more if you prefer a sweeter taste)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. green onions or shallots, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- optional: 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the asparagus.
- Set oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan of water. On a hot burner, bring water to a boil.
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes and then drain the hot water.
- Fill the saucepan with cold water and let the eggs sit in the cold water to cool.
- Change the water a few times to keep the water cold and about 10 minutes, crack each eggshell and peel under cold running water to make it super easy to peel.
- When eggs are completely cooled, dice the hard-boiled eggs and set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together.
- Place the asparagus in the preheated oven and roast for 7 minutes.
- Arrange the roasted asparagus on a serving platter with the tips facing one direction.
- Arrange the diced hard-boiled eggs over the center of the asparagus, looking like a mound or a blanket.
- Garnish with capers and sliced lemons.
- Serve with vinaigrette on the side.
- BUON APPETITO!