- 3 – 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinned, medium-size, not large
- 1 bag of finely shredded 7-cheese blend Italian cheese
- paprika, to sprinkle over the cheese
- Garnish: 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
For the Garlic-Rosemary Butter:
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 8– 10 red new potatoes, cut into quarters (more if you prefer)
- 1 of each: red pepper, green pepper, and yellow pepper, cut into 1/2” slices
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli flowers and stems
- 4 large carrots, sliced in 1/2″ pieces
- optional: 2 cups green beans (they take longer to cook than any other vegetable, believe it or not, so keep that in mind)
- optional: 1 large tomato, quartered
- optional: 2 cups whole mushroom caps
- optional: 1 zucchini, sliced
Prepare the Marinade:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized baking dish. Use a size that allows all of the chicken breasts to lay in one layer and for the marinade to coat the chicken breasts. I use a baking pan in which the chicken is fairly tight and snug in the pan, but the marinade is on the bottom with some on the top of the chicken and as well as tucked into the sides of each.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
Prepare the Garlic Butter with Rosemary:
- Blend the softened butter with minced garlic and fresh rosemary. Set aside.
Prepare the vegetables and packets:
- Pull out 3 – 4 sheets of heavy aluminum foil, each 2 feet long (yes, my foil packets are large and one can easily feed 2 people).
- Spray each sheet of foil with cooking spray.
- Cut up all of the vegetables while the chicken is marinating.
- Place the marinated chicken in the center of each sheet of foil.
- Assemble the vegetables around the chicken.
- Spread the garlic and rosemary butter on the chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 400 F degree oven for 1 hour. Do not open the foil packets.
- After 1 hour, open one packet to check if the chicken is completely cooked.
- If cooked to your preference, sprinkle a generous amount of the Italian cheese blend all over the chicken (and also over the vegetables if you wish).
- Sprinkle a little bit of paprika on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake with the foil packets OPEN for 10 minutes more. Keep your eyes on this so that the cheese doesn’t burn. You just want the cheese to melt and have a lovely, golden color to it.
- When nice and golden, remove from the oven.
- Plate the chicken and vegetables on a nice platter or on individual plates.
- Garnish with minced Italian parsley.
- BUON APPETITO!
These make 3 – 4 quite large foil packets. Each packet can feed two (2) people if you use larger sized chicken breasts. You can cut the chicken breasts in half and make twice as many packet dinners, just smaller in size. If you choose to reduce the size of the chicken breasts by half, then check to see if they are completely baked/roasted/grilled after 30 minutes.