- 16 oz. Chinese lo mein noodles (preferably frozen), Italian linguine noodles can be substituted
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. sesame oil, for frying
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned celery
- 1 cup julienned cabbage
- 1 cup julienned bok choy
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 1/2 cup each julienned green pepper and red pepper
- 1 cup julienned shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
For the Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. mushroom dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Cut all of the vegetables up and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce and set aside.
- Cut the lo mein noodles in half.
- In a tall pot of boiling water, cook the lo mein noodles for about 4 minutes only. Strain the noodles when finished.
- Place the lo mein noodles in ice water immediately to prevent from sticking together. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet to medium-high to high.
- Add sesame oil to heat up a bit. Do not scorch or burn the oil.
- Add the minced garlic, minced ginger, sliced onions, and julienned green onions. Gently stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the julienned carrots, julienned celery, sliced cabbage, and bok choy. Stir fry gently for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced red and green pepper and sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- Stir fry everything for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and gently toss everything.
- Add the lo mein noodles in and gently mix everything together.
- Stir fry everything for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and vegetables and gently mix everything together.
- Stir fry for another minute or two to heat up the sauce.
- Serve immediately.