- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp each of thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary, black pepper OR 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 1‘2 cup Parmigiano cheese, freshly grated
- 9 oz roasted peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 6 oz pepperoni, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup green olives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely minced (3 – 4 stalks)
- Garnish: chopped olives
- Garnish: rosemary sprigs
- Garnish: minced Italian parsley
Spray a loaf pan with oil then line with plastic cling wrap with overhang.
Mix cheese log ingredients together. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
Roll into log shapes.
Cover with plastic cling wrap overhang and refrigerate for 4 hours+ (up to 1 week).
Turn out onto a platter, peel off the plastic cling wrap.
When serving, allow the cheese logs to come to rom temperature.
Before serving, garnish with green olives, parsley and rosemary sprigs to give it a festive look.
Serve with crackers!
For a vibrant topping, mix together:
6 oz sun-dried tomato strips with OIL, roughly chopped
1/4 cup parsley or chives, finely chopped
Garnish: Rosemary sprigs
Keywords: Italian Cheese Log, cheese log, Italian, Christmas, Holiday, Party, Entertaining, Appetizers