Valentine’s Day is almost here! So to help celebrate, here’s a super cocktail recipe that’s even got some healthy stuff in it . . . pomegranate juice AND pomegranate liquor! I made this pretty PomaTini for myself and made one on the rocks for hubby. It’s a nice sipper to enjoy while relaxing in front of a crackling fire in February!
Cheers, Salute’, and Ching Ching!
These cocktails would also be perfect for Christmas too!
This is just so easy too!
So go grab your cocktail shaker and . . .
Enjoy this Ruby Red Pomatini !
- Pomegranates are popular not only because of their flavor, but mostly because they are one of the healthiest fruits on the planet.
- They have extremely potent antioxidants found in pomegranate juice and peel.
- The peel is thick, hard, and should not eaten. Only eat the arils.
- Packed with 2 – 3 times more antioxidants than red wine or green tea.
- Contain hundreds of edible red, juicy and sweet seeds inside called arils. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and but they also contain some sugar.
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Vitamin C: 30% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 36% of the RDI
- Folate: 16% of the RDI
- Potassium: 12% of the RDI
- Pomegranate arils are super sweet, with one cup containing 24 ounces of sugar and 144 calories.
Recommended items for Ruby Red Pomatinis:
POM Pomegranate Juice (great deal at cheapest price)
- 1-1/2 ounces Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1-1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 ounce orange liqueur
- pomegranate juice
- Garnish: lemon zest
original posted: 2011 updated information and photos: 2020
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon; please read disclosure policy
Do you enjoy La Bella Vita Cucina?
We’d love to have you as part of our community!
Subscribe below to receive the latest recipes, travel tips and gardening ideas straight into your inbox!