- 1–1/2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed together with 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 basket of strawberries, sliced (about 16 oz.)
- 4 – 8 slices small round Ciabatta or Italian flatbread (depending on how many panini you want)
- 1 small jar of Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or hazelnuts)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Whole strawberries, for serving
- Heat panini griddle to medium-high or large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place the butter on the griddle to melt (do not use all of the butter if doing this in batches).
- Spread some soft butter on the outer sides of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle both sides of the bread slices with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place bread slices on the grill and cook for a few seconds so that the cinnamon sugar adheres to the bread (do not press the panini while doing this).
- Flip over and do the same for the opposite side of the bread.
- Spread each slice of bread with Nutella, as thick as you like.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas on top of the layer of Nutella.
- Spread a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the banana slices.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- Grill until the bread is golden brown on each side and the Nutella is melted.
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle with the confectioners’ (powdered) sugar.
- Sprinkle with more chopped macadamia nuts for pizazz.
- Serve warm immediately with more strawberries on the side.