1/2 lb. penne pasta
3 Tbsp. basil pesto (freshly made if possible)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup peas
1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- Cook the pasta until al dente, a few minutes less than stated on the package instructions.
- Mix the pesto with the mayonnaise.
- Fold in the artichokes and peas.
- Toss the penne pasta noodles into the pesto mixture with peas and artichokes.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or more.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Garnish with a fresh basil leave.
It’s best to use regular mayonnaise in this recipe (so don’t use Miracle Whip in this; it’s too tangy and there’s already enough tanginess in the basil pesto and the artichokes).
add the basil pesto into the mayonnaise a little at a time . . . stir . . . taste. Add more if you prefer and repeat. . . add more pesto . . . stir . . . taste.