- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- ½ tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup or so of minced Italian parsley
- 2 – 3 very minced garlic, or about 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp. minced oregano
- ½ tsp. minced thyme
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Asiago
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Pecorino
- Remove the leaves and core of the cauliflower and then slice into 1″ slices or pull off small florets.
- Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil, butter, and lemon juice all over the florets and toss gently so that they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle all of the Italian parsley, minced garlic, and minced herbs all over the cauliflower and once again toss gently to coat the florets with the herbs.
- Do NOT add the cheese yet.
- With cooking spray, cover a baking sheet with the cooking oil.
- Spread the prepared cauliflower evenly on the baking pan.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the cauliflower every now and then.
- Turn the cauliflower over and roast for another 10 minutes, keeping an eye on it. Do not burn it.
- Remove the roasted cauliflower from the hot oven and sprinkle on all of the freshly-grated cheese.
- Return to the oven and change the oven temperature to “BROIL”.
- Broil cheese-covered cauliflower for 5 – 8 minutes, watching it closely. Do not burn it.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve hot!