- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2–1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 10 small anchovies (3/4 oz)
- 1/3 of a medium or large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ribs celery, roughly chopped — but what I do is cut off about 4” from the tops INCLUDING all of the celery leaves which is where the greatest amount of flavor is! Then I cut up 2 of the tiny, mild yellow-colored center stalks and their leaves . . . so good!
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1/4 cup pasteurized liquid eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (my addition)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2/3 tsp. Accent
- 1 tsp. oregano flakes (not ground) (my addition)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 tsp. paprika
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and process for 3 – 4 minutes, until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until time to serve. Either toss the salads in one big salad bowl, or pass the dressing around to individually dress each guest’s salad.