- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1–1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 8 large/jumbo egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1–1/2 cups peaches, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. fresh local honey
- GARNISH: 2 medium – large peaches, skins on, thinly sliced
- GARNISH: 1 cup fresh, whole red raspberries
- Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap; leaving at least 3 inchs of overhanging plastic wrap on all sides.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachmentk whip the cream with 1/3 of the sugar until it reaches medium peaks. Transfer the whipped cream to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Clean dry the mixer bowl and whip.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, salt and remaining sugar. Place the bowl over a medium pot of simmering water and heat, whisking constantly, until the mixutre rea ches 170 F degrees on a thermometer, about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Transfer the egg mixture to the bowl of the mixer, add the vanilla and almond extracts and whip until the mixture is pale yellow and thick, about 5 or more minutes.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture until well combined. Do not over fold.
- Pour 1/3 of the semifreddo mixture into the prepared breadloaf pan. Drizzle witha thirde of the peach jam and use a skewer to swirl it through the semifreddo. Scatter a thrid of the diced peaches on top. Repeat 2 more times until you’ve used up all the ingredients.
- Cover the semifreddo with the excess plastic wrap overhanging on all sides of the pan. Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours, but best to freeze overnight.
- Place a chilled serving platter facing down on top of the loaf pan. Slowly flip over the bread loaf pan and the semifreddo. Remove the semifreddo from the pan by lifting it up and out with the extra plastic wrap. Discard the plastic wrap.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches with a little bit of “Fruit Fresh” to help reduce browning of the fruit.
- Pile the freshly cut peaches on top of the semfreddo. Drizzle with the honey.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Buona Apetito!