- 1/3 to 1/2 fresh watermelon, rind removed, sliced, and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Optional: 1 slice of lime, squeezed
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Give everything a whirl for about 30 – 60 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan.
- Lay flat inside a freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or freeze overnight.
- The next day, take a fork and scrape the entire frozen mixture.
- Return ice flakes to the pan and freeze again for a few hours.
- Remove from the freezer and scrape again.
- Repeat this a third time for the best results.
- Spoon the granita in clear, small pretty glassware.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: granita, Italian