- 1 lb. (16-ounce) bag of pasta — farfalle, rotini, macaroni, or fusilli
- 1 pound thick cut bacon, fried crisp, and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh Romaine lettuce, chopped in 1″ pieces
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 2 cup red onions, chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (4 – 6 types of cheese in the blend)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh cut herbs
For the Dressing
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (freshly cracked is best)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Boil water in a tall pot, filled about 2/3rds full.
- When water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook for HALF of the time indicated on the package.
- Take the pasta to the sink and drain the hot water completely with a colander. Run cold water over the hot pasta until the pasta becomes cold. Tap any extra water from the pasta. Set aside (place in the refrigerator is better).
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together. Chill in the fridge until time to serve.
- In a wide frying pan, cook the bacon until nice and crispy (red-ish brown in color). Lay out each strip of bacon on paper towels when finished to remove grease. Allow to cool off. Cut into large chunks.
- In a large, wide serving bowl, mix the lettuces, red onions, tomatoes, Italian cheese blend, basil, and Italian parsley.
- Add the bacon. Add the pasta.
- Add the dressing, about 1/2 cup first to determine if you want more. Then add the other 1/2 and gently mix so as to not break the pasta.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil and/or Italian parsley.
- Mangia! ENJOY!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 771
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 1663
- Fat: 53
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 34
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 101
Keywords: #italian #salad #bacon #lettuce #tomato #pasta salad #pasta